Team Triton V8 SuperUtes race car driver – Cameron Crick shared his professional and personal story!
- Date of birth: 25/10/1997
- Place of birth: Camden, Sydney, NSW
- Lives: Camden, NSW 2570
- Status: In a Relationship
- Outside of racing: Love other sports like Rugby League, mountain bike riding & running
- Engineer: Driver training instructor & tipper truck driver
Inspired by his late father Rodney Crick, who won six Australian Super Truck titles, I began racing karts in 2014 before progressing to the Toyota 86 Series in ’16.
After finishing mid-table in my first two 86 Series campaigns, I made significant improvements during the 2018 season, ending the year third in the standings.
Last year, I also had his first taste of SuperUtes, competing in the Queensland Raceway and Gold Coast rounds.
Good news was that I was confirmed a full-season campaign in SuperUtes, driving a Mitsubishi for Team Triton, and will also compete in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge.
Inspirations & Passion – Q&A
- What inspired you to start driving?
My Late father Rodney Crick was a 7-time Australian truck racing champion & raced the Bathurst 1000 6 times; he inspires me to keep with Crick name moving in motorsport
- What does it mean to you to be a part of the Team Triton V8 SuperUtes racing team?
It’s a huge privilege to drive for Team Triton, I have been super lucky to be introduced to some amazing corporate partners within the team along with getting some good results for the brand. Team Triton has been a huge part of my career.
- In your opinion, what are major challenges for race car driver?
The major challenge would be the financial side of motorsport, making sure all your partners are getting their value for money and staying mentally prepared for what you need to do on track.
Racing is also different to other sports in that there’s only one winner and a whole grid of losers. So, there’s a lot more lows than highs but it makes the highs oh so sweet when they do come! That moment of winning in racing is hard to describe to those in other sports.
- How did victory in ECB SuperUtes Series at the Vodafone Gold Coast 600 motivate you?
Having race wins, pole positions and success in 2019 was huge for my confidence. It also generated good momentum with different sponsors moving forward.
- In your opinion, which qualities should a race car driver possess?
Super important qualities for car racing drivers are:
- Understanding the investment & business side of the sponsors
- Presenting well & speaking well during interviews etc.
- Being race fit and having a general understating of how setup changes and make the car perform different
To check out Supercars latest calendar click here.
To follow Cameron Crick’s driving journey visit:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cameroncrick7/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cameron_crick/
Join the RYCO 24•7 Network
Join the RYCO 24•7 Team today, visit Franchise Opportunities for more details.